11 July 2010

Birthday week over, now for some books!

Now that my birthday week is officially over, I thought I'd share some of the lovely presents I got. There are too many great things to mention in one post so I'm going to spread them over a few this week. To start with, here are some books I got from my parents and parents-in-law.

I asked my parents months ago to get me the gigantic Taschen New York Interiors book. I already had the mini version, but having seen the giant coffee-table size in a book store I just had to have it! I'm yet to have a good flick through, but I don't think I'll be taking it to look at on the train to work!

Images: The Design Files

The second book I got was Tossed and Found from my in-laws, which is a great book full of great (and sometimes really weird) stuff made from discarded junk.


Images: Apartment Therapy

I'll be sharing more of the wonderful accessories and homewares I received over the coming days. I did have a great birthday week this year, and particularly enjoyed spending Saturday night with some special close friends.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I feel like a jerk for not being caught up on your blog! :( I love getting design books as presents, too.I am slowly getting rid of my fiction but will never give away all my design/coffee table books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you are totally not a jerk! I often get the guilts about not catching up on blogs too - there are just too darn many!

    More present updates later today hopefully - although I'm at home with a stiff neck, so I should really go rest...

    ReplyDelete