It was a massive challenge. For an 'easy' pattern, the instructions were particularly hard to decipher. It wasn't helped by the fact that I thought I could do away with the instructions (and my sewing teacher's instructions) to sew in the zipper - I eventually got it sewn in on the third attempt, but it's still a little dodgy and might need some hand stitching. There were a number of other problems along the way, but I got it done in the end! I also learnt that unpicking black cotton thread from black linen-cotton fabric is very tedious.
So, here it is! Doesn't the Thea & Sami fabric look fabulous as contrast pockets! It fits like a glove too, which is great as I was a little worried about how the sizing would be for my first project. Now I'm ready to make another one!
John and I are off to Melbourne this Friday morning to catch up with the cool kids at Studio Pounce, returning on Wednesday next week. I'll be sure to blog up a storm before my week of no internet begins on 21 August. There's also still plenty of time to contribute to my fundraising page for Plan Australia to help flood victims in Pakistan.