09 March 2010

Another sneaky look at our wedding. Ssshhh...

I thought I’d share another sneak peek of our wedding. Some time ago I stumbled across the amazing images of Laura and Ben’s much blogged-about Brooklyn wedding on the Martha Stewart Wedding website, and straight away I wanted to design my own version of the butterfly bouquet. Orange and black feather monarch butterflies would fit perfectly with our colour scheme, so I placed an order with Floral Trims.

Over Christmas, my mum and I got to work creating the bouquet, and this is the result. I’m very happy with how it turned out, and I can’t wait to show it off in a few weeks’ time. It’s pictured here with some of my other accessories — the most adorable shoes in the world from Camper, and a black 1960s peyton handbag that I found just two weeks ago in the Vintage Rose window on my way to the train station.

I also ordered some large clip-on butterflies from Floral Trims, and I’ve used those to pretty up the table numbers I made for the reception (which simply consist of offcuts of black cardboard I found behind the office futon and silver stickers from the dollar store).

As little thank you gifts for our guests, or ordered persinalised pencils from the UK on eBay. A very cute but relatively inexpensive wedding favour!

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice of you. I as well planned some large clip-on butterflies from Floral Trims, and I’ve used those to beautify the table numbers I made for the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very beautiful Kylie! Your bouquet is amazing!! Look forward to seeing it all come together on the day x

    ReplyDelete