23 April 2010

Post-wedding overview

I wanted to show off some of the lovely aspects of our wedding, held on 10 April. I’m not going to show off my favourite photos — most of the super-cute shots include my husband, who is a very private person and won’t want his image splashed all over the internet. (If anyone’s really keen to see some shoot me an email.) I will, however, do my best to give you an overview of many of the elements of our wedding.

All photography (except for the table shot, which was taken by Riini) is by our very talented friend Natasha Harth.

The lovely ring pillow was made by my mum, with rings made by Maple XO (John) and Bentley De Lisle (me). The butterfly bouquet was made by myself and my mum using feather butterflies from Floral Trims, based on one featured on the Martha Stewart website. The 1950s handbag is from Vintage Rose in my local neighbourhood, and the shoes are by Camper (of course).

My hairpiece was purchased online (like most other things for the wedding!) from fascinators.net. My 1960s dress came from eBay (a steal at $30), and was altered to fit perfectly by PQ Fashions in Brisbane (they also expertly altered John’s vintage suit jacket).


The car was an old Dodge that’s been in John’s family for several generations. It was also used as the wedding car for his parents, as well as his grandparents. It was brought from Toowoomba to Brisbane for the weekend, which was a real treat for us.

Our reception dinner was held at the Grove Establishment in Ashgrove. In addition to the wonderful food, I was drawn to this place because of the black and gold Japanese Floral wallpaper by Florence Broadhurst. The table settings were very simple, using cheap Ikea vases with orange and black sticks. The table numbers were simply folded cardboard with number stickers, with clip-on feather butterflies from Floral Trims.


The fabulous and extremely delicious cake was made by Vanessa Franklin. It was organic gluten-free organge and poppyseed cake with Green and Blacks white chocolate ganache, served with a yummy lemon curd. Oh, and it also had candied oranges on it! If anyone in Brisbane would like Vanessa's details, please let me know.
I think it's fair to say that we had a lovely, relatively stress-free day. It was nice to see so many of our friends and family, and we even got to eat (amazing, I know!). This was very much a DIY wedding (with a bit of help from our creative friends), and I think it turned out pretty well.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Kylie! You look gorgeous and there are so many unique elements that make your wedding so special.

    My fav pic is the one of your wedding rings- yours looks tiny next to John's. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kylie, your wedding looked beautiful and very original. Hope you had a great day. Your gifts are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress! You looked gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete