Here's my remaining eight things about me (started in my last post).
Four things I would like to have done but didn’t
1. Paid more attention in biology class. I took biology in my senior years at high school, but I unfortunately did quite a bit of mucking around. I find these kinds of subjects very interesting these days, so I just wish I’d paid more attention back then.
2. Not gone to see Marilyn Manson on his last tour. Sometimes when bands I loved in my youth tour, I go and see them to reminisce. Even though I would not consider myself to be a fan these days, usually when Marilyn Manson tours, I go along and am thoroughly entertained. I wasn’t so entertained last time. He was older and fatter, and the fantasy was gone.
3. Taken more photos at the Big Pineapple. As you can see over at my other blog, recently my friends and I took a trip to the Big Pineapple. What we didn’t know when we went there was that it would actually close down two days later. It had been for sale for a number of years, but was only quietly sold last month. Apparently it will re-open as a car museum before Christmas.
4. Said goodbye properly. My close friend Shilo is currently (as in, right this very second) on a plane home to NYC. It will probably be a while before I see her again. We will catch up on the internet, of course (after all, it is how we met in the first place), but it would have been nice to have done a proper goodbye in person. We saw each other earlier in the week, and assumed we’d catch up again before she left. But we didn’t, so I didn’t get to say a real goodbye. There is a personal story to explain why saying goodbye properly is particularly important to me, but I won’t share that here.
Four things you may not know about me
1. I just got my licence, aged 28.
That’s right. Last month, in fact. I started lessons with a driving school back in March, having been renewing my learner’s permit since I got it when I was 16. I even went all the way and got a manual licence. I’m still not entirely comfortable driving, so I’m yet to venture out on my own. But I’m getting there!
2. I don’t like dried fruit.
I find it disgusting. No sultanas, dried apricots, or even dried goji berries for me. Gross.
3. I have floppy ankles.
My ankles have roughly 50 per cent more rotation than most people’s. I believe it’s somewhat connected to me walking pigeon-toed as a child, and sitting in some rather awkward positions as a kid. I still sit in awkward positions, often on my feet with them all curled up. It still freaks my husband out. Thankfully I have excellent bones, which I attribute to my excessive milk drinking throughout my life, so the many instances of me rolling my ankles have never resulted in a serious injury… yet.
4. I was a teenage goth.