17 July 2011

Nundah City

After having brunch today, we noticed a newcomer to the vacant shops in Nundah Village. We're now lucky enough to have a fabulous retro/vintage store in our suburb! (Although, I must point out that the owner hates the terms 'retro' and 'vintage'.)

Nundah City is owned by Steve, who was behind Rotten Records in the city and Kleptomania in Fortitude Valley. Now Steve will be selling records, furniture and other homewares right in my neighbourhood. If anyone's keen, he currently has a set of bright orange Kartell nesting tables! I was super tempted myself, and probably would have caved had they been red, white or black.

He also has a replica of a Kartell magazine rack, which is a yellow version of the one I own.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be spending a lot of time looking around Steve's shop in the coming weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Awesome! I'm going to have to check this store out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. We finally have a Kartell "store" in Perth (well, actually it's the back area of an upmarket clothes store but I think they have the whole Kartell range). I tried to go there today but it was closed. Previously I think the only place in Perth that sold it was the Art Gallery of WA (store) but they seem to be phasing it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nundah is a happening place these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must visit Nundah again one day soon. It sounds like it's really happening. x

    ReplyDelete